Just because you’re not as big as Amazon, doesn’t mean you can’t compete with them in a meaningful way. The capabilities of do-it-yourself eCommerce builder websites are truly astonishing. Whether your business is new or old, large or small, a top-of-the-line online marketplace can be just a few clicks away. This is all thanks to the amazing developers who have expanded their custom templates into thousands of customizable options, which allow you to create your own unique site, with different layouts, themes, styles, applications, and management systems.
With many of these eCommerce Builder stores, customers select color or size and search by keyword or product description, and inventory is tightly managed and organized. Payments, too, are seamless and professional, with PayPal and credits cards just the beginning of available options. Convenience goes far beyond this, with sites now allowing for one-click processing and purchases using Android and other mobile devices. Social media optimization, help with SEO, and detailed traffic reports help you further customize your features to suit your market. With today’s eCommerce builders, the options truly are endless.
The Benefits of Using an eCommerce Website Builder
eCommerce website builders have served countless people to create their own online store with ease. But what are the benefits of using an eCommerce website builder and what makes them a better choice than hiring someone to build your retail store for you?
Here are just some of the benefits you can expect from your eCommerce website builder:
- Trust – eCommerce website builders cater not only to small businesses but to some of the largest corporations in the world. Major brands like Nike and Tesla rely on eCommerce building platforms to represent their companies and make meaningful sales. This means that when you sign up for a website builder you gain access to a service that is trusted by and dynamic enough for Fortune 500 companies.
- Features – eCommerce builders have the advantage of being able to provide all users with features that were once reserved for major websites with massive teams of programmers and designers. This means that you have a leg up on your competition who is just getting by with their standard online commerce tools.
- Cost – Creating a website from scratch is expensive enough, but creating an eCommerce website from the ground up can cost thousands of dollars. eCommerce website builders make it possible to create beautiful and functional websites at little to no cost. The best part is when you want to make changes, you will be able to do it yourself, without having to shell out even more money to your webmaster.
- Security – Purchasing products online is as common as going to a bricks and mortar store. People still have their qualms about using the internet to buy goods, however, especially in light of hacks and breaches that seem to be becoming more common by the week. eCommerce builders use some of the most powerful security features, such as 256-bit encryption to ensure both you and your customers are safe when using your site.
- All-In-One – The biggest benefit of using an eCommerce website builder is that they provide all of the tools you need in one place. This means that they are your host, your domain provider, your blogging platform, your credit card processor, and your inventory management tool. Purchased apart, these tools would be a massive overhead, but when included in a complete package, they cost nothing to use.
As you begin using your website builder, you may find other benefits that you never imagined you would receive. Whether you are just starting out or have been selling for years, a website builder can serve all of your online selling needs.
Designing a Professional Website
Consumers shop with their eyes and making a good first impression is crucial. Building a website that both looks good and functions well is not an easy task. This is because these two qualities require different skill sets. Good design does not necessitate good user experience, and vice versa.
eCommerce website builders make use of templates designed by industry experts. This means that you have access to massive libraries of themes that you can use – for free or for a nominal price – that have been tried and tested to ensure that they both functional well and look great.
They also rely on layouts that are created through testing and psychological theories. Just as a supermarket has a layout that is the result of years of study and design, themes on eCommerce website building platforms are the result of years of study of functional user interface and overall user experience.
Choosing an eCommerce Website Builder
Choosing the right website builder for you is not such a straightforward process. Thankfully, most eCommerce website building companies understand the needs of eCommerce businesses and therefore have an equal footing when appealing to your needs. As you browse the features the various eCommerce builders offer, you will find similarities, but one way you can differentiate between the companies is by the degree of custom design services they offer. You will want to figure out to what extent customization matters to you.
The eCommerce builder Wix, for example, offers truly outstanding and innovative design and optimization techniques. Consider their new glide-in animations, or their “Click to Action” feature, which allows visitors to call you online with the click of a button. Their professional gallery services offer photographs at a much higher quality than other companies, and their customization extends even to diverse mobile menu designs. Alternatively, a simpler eCommerce builder such as Shopify might do the trick for you.
Alternatively, a simpler eCommerce builder such as Shopify might do the trick for you. Shopify, the funky and well-established eCommerce builder that’s been around just as long as Wix (since 2006), is a good choice for those looking for something more straightforward. The “Retail Package,” which begins at $40 monthly, includes essentials, such as merchandise organization and payment processing. Ultimately, regardless of which eCommerce builder you choose, you will want to consider the degree of custom work you need. Most companies offer templates with tons of features, while also offering on-site experts who can make your design more unique.
So how can we possibly choose which company we should invest our time and money in? Regardless of the fact that many companies allow easy conversion across website hosts, it would be a waste of time to undergo the development process with one company, only to find an ideal arrangement elsewhere. Therefore, get an idea of some of the companies and narrow down your search for the best eCommerce builder for you.
As you can see, there are many options to choose from and at multiple price points. It is a good idea to get started by checking out our comparison chart and clicking on the most appropriate options to thoroughly investigate which features will make your company stand out most effectively.